I always start craving oatmeal cookies when the weather starts getting chilly out. Add chocolate chips to them, and they’re the perfect comfort snack food for an at-home movie night, or afternoon pick me up. I’ve also been known to eat them for breakfast, which made me look for a recipe that offers healthier ingredients while still tasting like a real cookie.
Using wheat flour, coconut oil, and dark chocolate, I felt pretty guilt-free eating more than just one of these. They are especially tasty if you store them in the refrigerator!
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more!)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I always add a little extra)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 100% pure maple syrup (to taste)
- organic honey (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in vanilla extract, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and honey. Add chocolate chips, roll into balls, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Enjoy! XOXO